ITR-5 Form can be used by Firms, Limited Liability Partnerships(LLPs), Association of persons(AOPs) and Body of Individuals(BOIs), Artificial Juridical Person, Cooperative society and Local authority, provided they are not required to file the return of income under section 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D) (i.e., Trusts, Political party, Institutions, Colleges, etc.).
Individuals, HUFs (Hindu Undivided Families), Companies cannot use the ITR-5 Form.
ITR-5 must be filed by firms, LLPs (Limited Liability Partnerships), AOPs (Association of persons) and BOIs (Body of Individuals), artificial juridical person, cooperative society and local authority.
ITR-5 cannot be filed by Taxpayers who fall under the below category :
1. Assessees who are required to file the return of income under section 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D) (i.e., Trusts, Political party, Institutions, Colleges, etc.)
2. Individuals, HUFs (Hindu Undivided Families), Companies
ITR-5 form is to be used when the assessee is one of the following :
2. LLPs (Limited Liability Partnerships)
3. AOPs (Association of persons)
4. BOIs (Body of Individuals)
5. Artificial juridical person
6. Cooperative society
7. Local authority
Due date for filing the income tax return is 31st August.
ITR 5 form can be filed under any of the following four methods:
1. Filing online using digital signature certificate.
2. Transmitting the data in ITR 5 form electronically under electronic verification code.
By transmitting the data in ITR 5 form electronically and then mailing (By post) the return in Return Form ITR-V to the Income Tax Office.
Assessee filing ITR 5 form under the fourth method must complete the acknowledgement in ITR-V. After preparing ITR-V, the assessee should print out two copies of Form ITR-V. One copy of ITR-V, duly signed by the assessee, has to be sent by ordinary post to
Post Bag No. 1,
Electronic City Office,
Bengaluru- 560 100,
The other copy may be retained by the assessee for his record